Think you’ve run out of ideas for date night in Fargo? Think again!
Here is a comprehensive listing of ideas for date nights in the Fargo-Moorhead area. No matter what your interests are, you’re sure to find something fun to do locally!
Date Night Ideas in Fargo
Dates for Nature Lovers
With numerous local parks and trails, there are tons of spots to explore nature in Fargo and Moorhead, many along the Red River!
- Grab your bikes and hit up a bike path in the area.
- Hike (or snowshoe) on a trail around town or head to a local state park (like Buffalo River State Park or Maplewood State Park)!
- Grab your binoculars and go birding.
- Try stargazing or visit the MSUM Planetarium to look up at the stars.
- See if the fish are biting at a local spot.
- Try geocaching.
- Pack towels and snacks for a beach day at a nearby lake.
- Go apple picking at an orchard, if it’s harvest season.
- Check out the beauty of the NDSU Display Gardens.
Dates for Readers
- Visit one of our local public libraries in Fargo, West Fargo, and Moorhead.
- Browse the selection at a local indie bookstore.
- Check out a Little Free Library in your neighborhood.
- Join a book club.
- Reminisce and write out your love story (use Blurb or the Book Patch).
- Head to Barnes and Noble for coffee, dessert, and books!
Dates for Sports Enthusiasts
- Take in a Red Hawks baseball game.
- Cheer on the Fargo Force.
- Tailgate and see a Bison football game.
- Check out MSUM or Concordia sports teams.
Dates for Adventurous Couples
- Practice your golf swing at Suite Shots.
- See if you have a hidden talent with ax throwing at Rough Cut Social or United States Ax.
- Play pool, ping pong, foosball, darts, and more at Billiards.
- Get competitive at a local bowling alley.
- Test your problem solving skills at Fargo Escape Room or Puzzled Escape Rooms.
- Hit the arcade or laser tag at Kingpinz.
- Rent a kayak or canoe and explore the Red River.
- Find adventure on a local bike path.
- In the winter, get out and try skiing, downhill/cross-country, snowshoeing, or sledding.
- Train for a 5k.
- Go treasure hunting with geocaching.
- If the weather’s warm, tee up at a local golf course.
- Not into regular golf? Try frisbee golf.
- Or, mini golf and go-carts at Thunder Road.
- Go camping, with just the two of you.
- Book a spa day or massage at a local spa.
Dates for Gamers
- Play the arcade games at Kingpinz, Space Aliens or Pizza Ranch.
- Check out the pinball and board game selection at Drekker.
- Play old-school arcade games at Pixeled Brewing.
- Get a blast from the past with retro video games at Replay Games in Downtown Fargo.
- Head to SCHEELS to play some fun games like Connect 4 Basketball, the shooting gallery, and rollerball.
- Break out the old Nintendo for an old school video game night at home.
- Get in the competitive spirit with board games at home.
Dates for Foodies
For a listing of some of our local favorites, see this post on Best Fargo Restaurants from a Foodie Mom!
- Enjoy the full dining experience at Rosewild, try the Chef’s Table to get a small taste of everything.
- Enjoy fresh produce from a local Farmers Market, when seasonally available.
- Choose from 20 mobile food vendors to find your favorite at the Fargo Food Truck Festival.
- Take the time for a brunch date on a weekend.
- Soak up the sun on a patio date.
- Recreate Guy Fieri’s FM tour and go to Nichole’s Fine Pastry, Passage to India, Pounds, Blackbird Wood Fire Pizza (all in Fargo), Rustica Eatery & Tavern and Sol Ave. Kitchen (Moorhead).
- Try some new seafood at one of our local restaurants!
Date for Music Lovers
- Soak up some culture at an FM Symphony concert.
- Stay up late to see live music at the Aquarium.
- Catch an outdoor performance at Bluestem.
- Browse at a local record shop, like Vinyl Giant Records or Orange Records, both in Downtown Fargo.
Dates for Beer Drinkers/Aspiring Mixologists
- Explore the local craft beer scene with a local brewery tour.
- Learn how to mix drinks like an expert at a class at Bridgeview Liquor in Moorhead.
- Sample the spirits in the tasting room at Proof Artisan Distillers.
- Head to Wild Terra Cider Company for some craft cider.
Dates for Art Lovers
- Head to downtown Fargo to take in all the exhibits at the Plains Art Museum.
- Check out the latest at The Rourke in Moorhead.
- See all the street art with a Downtown Fargo Mural Tour.
- View various small and local Fargo downtown galleries.
- Take an art class together.
Dates for History Buffs
- Learn about the history of flight at the Fargo Air Museum.
- Celebrate Scandinavian culture and the history of Moorhead at the Hjemkomst Center.
- Explore the late Victorian Comstock House.
- Tour Bonanzaville and learn more about the settlers in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- Stroll down historic 8th Street in Fargo.
- See a film at the art deco style Fargo Theatre.
Dates for Animal Lovers
- Visit the animals at the Red River Valley Zoo (or venture a bit further out to Chahinkapa Zoo or Trowbridge Creek Zoo).
- Volunteer together at the Humane Society, Cats Cradle Shelter, or Homeward Animal Shelter.
- Take your furry best friend to a dog park.
- Or, a dog training class.
- Try horseback riding!
- Go window shopping at local pet stores.
- Take on a home project you’ve been putting off.
- Plant a raised garden bed.
- Dream up a landscaping design and make it a reality.
- Take an art class and learn a new skill together!
- Browse a home improvement store (like Menards, Lowe’s, or The Home Depot) for DIY inspiration.
- Check out the DIY project classes at SheyWest Garden Center or Baker Garden & Gift.
- Rent a movie from Redbox.
- Have a coffee date at a local spot like Beans, Babbs, Thunder Coffee, or 20 Below.
- In the summertime, check out this listing for free things to do in Fargo.
- Look for hidden treasure by geocaching.
- Head just outside of town for stargazing.
- Get coffee or drinks and browse at a farmers market.
- Pull out the board games for a game night!
- Find a worthy cause and volunteer.
- Go for a walk, run, or bike ride.
- Shop together for unique items at a thrift store.
Dates at Home
- Camp in the backyard!
- Have a movie marathon with a theme, like the ’90s.
- Enjoy a late night meal after the kids are in bed.
- Dust off the board games for a game night.
- Grab takeout and rent a movie.
Be sure to reference this list the next time you need some date night inspiration!