Note: We are currently updating this list for 2023.
Celebrating New Year’s Eve can look a bit different than when we were younger.
Rather than going out and staying up until the wee hours of the morning, some of us might even struggle to make it to midnight!
But ringing in the new year with the family is fun in its own right.
Here are some family-friendly New Year’s events in Fargo and Moorhead where you can bring the whole family and celebrate the new year with your nearest and dearest! Plus some more ideas for celebrating with kids.
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Skate City
Celebrate New Year’s Eve early with the kids at Skate City! Enjoy all the fun that happens on New Years Eve with balloon drops, prizes, and more! Admission is $15 and includes rentals and party favors.
Time: 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Location: West Fargo Library
Join the West Fargo Library celebrate the New Year! They will have treats, make party hats, and noisemakers.
Time: 12:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Broadway Square, Downtown Fargo
Hit up the rink under the Broadway Square Christmas Tree! Lace up your skates and enjoy this festive spot before you ring in the new year.
New Year’s Eve & Fireworks at Detroit Mountain
Note: This has normally been an annual event, and we are confirming it is happening in 2023.
Time: 5:00 p.m.
Location: Detroit Mountain
Celebrate the last day of the year at Detroit Mountain! Enjoy music, fireworks, and fun for all ages! Ski runs will be open late and fireworks will be set off at 8:00 p.m.
Time: 5:05 p.m.
Location: SCHEELS Arena, Fargo
Head to SCHEELS Arena to watch the Force play the Cedar Rapids Roughriders!
Time: 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
Location: Red River Valley Fairgrounds, West Fargo
Pile in the car and head to the final evening of the Holiday Lights display at the Fairgrounds in West Fargo. Make sure to grab some cocoa for the ride!
Time: 9:00 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Location: Skate City
Roll into the new year with Skate City! They will be hosting a New Year’s Eve Celebration to include a balloon drop and party favors. Admission is $20 and includes rentals and party favors.
Time: 9:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m.
Location: The Lights Ice Rink, West Fargo
Ring in the New Year with Glow Skate at The Lights Ice Rink! Skate rentals will be available for $5, they’ll have music and glow sticks! Countdown to 2024 at this fun family-friendly event!
Note: We will be updating this guide for 2023 as we discover New Year’s events! To get your event added to this list, please e-mail [email protected].
More NYE Ideas:
- Drive around looking at lights using our helpful GUIDE/MAP HERE, and make sure to catch the last night of the Holiday Lights at the Fairgrounds!
- Host your own party at home. It could include a DIY balloon drop, tasty mocktails, board games, or a pajama party.
- Take the family bowling!
- Go see a kid-friendly movie in the theater.
- Try the new Family Escape Room in Fargo!
- Take the family out to eat. Either to an old favorite, or try something new! For extra fun, hit up a restaurant that also has a game room (like Space Aliens, Pizza Ranch’s new arcade area, or Chuck E. Cheese).
- Venture out to one of the skating rinks or sledding hills in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- Start 2023 off right with a delicious brunch.
Know of other events on New Year’s Eve in Fargo we should add? Contact us at [email protected] and let us know!