While we should always be encouraging gratitude in our kids year-round, the holiday season is a special time of year to reflect on all things we are thankful for. We’ve started a tradition in our home of writing down what we are thankful for and displaying it in our home to remind us what being thankful is really about.
It’s fun to save them from year-to-year and see how our gratitude changes!
We’ve created a simple, customizable printable for the kids (or you!) to use to color and write down what they are thankful for this year.
Questions to Inspire Gratitude
Need some inspiration? Here are some questions to ask each other to get the gratitude flowing!
- Who is really helpful to you? How do they help you?
- What are you thankful for about where you live? (Your home, your city, your neighborhood, etc.)
- What are you thankful for at school/work?
- What is something you learned in the past year?
- What is something you have that not everyone else does? (Can be tangible or intangible.)
- Who are your good friends and how do they make you feel?
- Who is someone who really listens to you?
- What is something you can do that not everyone else can do?
- Who or what can make you laugh really hard?
- What is something nice someone did for you recently?
- What was the best thing about today?
- What makes you smile?
- What is your favorite thing to do? Who do you like to do it with?
- What is your favorite food? Can you eat it often?
- What is something you have that makes your life easier?