Our goal at Fargo Mom continues to be serving as a hub for connections and resources, even during difficult and uncertain times. Our hope is that this resource guide will help you now and in the coming weeks to feel prepared and connected to what’s happening in our communities.
To all of our moms, to all of our readers, you are NOT ALONE! We are all feeling many of the same feelings, and have so many questions. Although we cannot provide you with many of the answers we all would like to know, we can do our best to continue providing you with the resources, latest up-to-date information, and activities to keep you and the kiddos busy (and sane!) during this uncertain time.
Now, more than ever, it is so important to support our local businesses, in whatever ways we can given the current climate and restrictions. If you know of a local business providing some kind of service that our readers should know about (whether it’s virtual healthcare, meal deliveries, etc ) please email us at [email protected]. If we are missing something, please let us know and we’ll add it in here! Thank you so much to our City Mom Collective sister sites whose valuable articles have also been included in this guide.
*Please note that this will be an ever-changing resource. While we make every effort to cross-check current links and details, we always encourage you to do the same. If details are missing or incorrect, please let us know so that we can correct them. Please check back for the most up-to-date information.
FOR THE KIDS (EDUCATION, ACTIVITIES, & ENTERTAINMENT)
Having the kiddos at home for an unknown period of time can bring some anticipation and worry. How will we keep them entertained for days on end? What can we do to keep learning happening outside of the classroom? We’ve compiled a variety of resources from the Fargo Mom site, as well as various other helpful articles that we’ve found. Click on the images below to head straight to the resource!
*While some information may not be relevant given the current precautions and advisories, we’ve included these articles because there are still good activities you can do while at home!
FOR PARENTS (SELF-CARE, EASY MEALS, & STAYING HEALTHY)
As moms, we’ve got little eyes on us all the time. During this stressful time, it’s important to remember to take care of ourselves too. We’ve included some tips for caring for you, too!
LOCAL & FEDERAL RESOURCES
Staying up-to-date with your trusted local and federal resources is so important with the rapid rate at which things are changing. We encourage you to check these resources regularly and please let us know if you see any information that needs to be added by emailing [email protected]
SCHOOL DISTRICT NEWS & CHANGES:
- Barnesville Public Schools
- Central Cass Public Schools
- Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton Public Schools
- Fargo Public Schools
- Kindred Public Schools
- Moorhead Public Schools
- Northern Cass Public Schools
- Wahpeton Public Schools
- West Fargo Public Schools
PRIVATE SCHOOL CHANGES:
CLOSURES, CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS:
Below is a list of Businesses, Events & Activities that have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled. We’ll continue to update this list as news comes in.
GROCERY STORE CHANGES:
- Cashwise Foods: Open 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. until further notice. (Seniors 60 and older and those with compromised immune systems are encouraged to shop during the first hour of each day.)
- Hornbacher’s: Open 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. until further notice. (Seniors 60 and older and those with compromised immune systems are encouraged to shop during the first hour of each day.)
- Target: Open 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. until further notice. (Every Wednesday the first hour is reserved for those over 65 years old, pregnant women and others identified by health officials as vulnerable to the coronavirus.)
- Wal-Mart: Open 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m. until further notice.
- Costco: Hours continue as normal.
- Sam’s Club: Hours continue as normal.
- Family Fare: Open 6:00 a.m. – Midnight until further notice. (Tuesdays & Thursdays from 7:00 – 9:00 a.m. are reserved for older adults, pregnant women and those with compromised immune systems.)
TAKE OUT OPTIONS:
- CLICK HERE FOR A DIRECTORY OF ALL TAKE-OUT OPTIONS IN FM AREA!
- Downtown Fargo businesses and restaurants (including delivery options)
- Downtown Fargo-Moorhead Restaurant Take-Out & Delivery Guide (by Fargo Underground)
- Fargo-Moorhead Visitor’s Bureau has a list of restaurants offering take-out services here.
- List of Restaurant Delivery Options through Chamber of Commerce
- Uber Eats is waiving delivery fees.
OTHER BUSINESS/ORGANIZATION UPDATES:
- MATBUS fare is currently free. See updates here.
- FMStrong.com links to local businesses and ways to support them.
EVENT CANCELLATIONS, CHANGES, & POSTPONEMENTS:
WAYS TO HELP
While it is always a good idea to shop local, now is more important than ever. The COVID-19 pandemic will have a huge impact on local businesses, so as part of the Fargo-Moorhead community, we must find ways to show our local businesses that we support them.